September 22, 2018. 6:30-9:00pm in the barn at Camp Assiniboia.
Come at 5:30pm for the Camp Tour – see the new cabins and the massive dike project underway.
No dancing skills required. Direction will be provided onsite.
- bonfire and sing a long
- wagon rides
- proceeds to Camp Assiniboia
See below for the “Pie Spectacular” info.
We will need pies. Contact Jesse Thiessen at email@example.com or 204-895-2267 if you can help bring pies.
What’s a “Pie Spectacular”?
So, we have two ways to engage pie at this event. We think that’s spectacular.
- The traditional pie auction. Bring your big dollars, as supply will be limited.
- The more accessible, yet risky event called the pie walk. It’s kind of a combo between musical chairs and a raffle.
- A circle is drawn on the ground sectioned off into 8 “pie pieces”
- Each piece is numbered from 1-8 and has a corresponding player
- At the beginning of each round the players throws a toonie in a bucket
- Like in musical chairs, the players circle around the pie until the music stops
- The caller draws a number and the player who is standing in front that number takes a pie
- The game starts again (each player throws in another toonie) and the game continues until all of the pies are gone.